This is the last list you’ll ever need to find when you’re looking for snack inspiration. Bookmark it, Pin It, and check back often because the list is always expanding!
Got an idea? Add it in the comments!
Kids Love to Dip!
- Hummus with carrots with optional crackers (like Suzie’s thin cakes)
- Black bean dip with red peppers with optional pita bread
- Peanut/nut/seed butter dip with apples or pears (steam fruit to soften for younger children)
- Dark chocolate yogurt dip with strawberries
- Whipped coconut cream with pineapple
- Homemade fries with a salsa yogurt dip (stir together salsa and yogurt)
- Homemade sweet potato fries with curry dip
- Guacamole and pita chips
- Steamed broccoli and yogurt ranch (stir together yogurt and ranch)
- Cucumber sticks with cottage cheese dip
- Snap peas and tuna dip
For a balanced snack, aim to offer foods from 2-3 food groups, making sure one of which is always a fruit or a vegetable.
Kids Love to Sip!
- Drinkable yogurt (mix yogurt with milk)
- Licuado (blended fruit and water)
- Healthier homemade orange julius
- Cooled pureed soup (if your child hasn’t yet mastered thin liquids with a spoon, serve them soup in a cup!)
Kids Love to Pick it Up!
- Peanut/nut/seed butter on toast
- Quinoa cakes and green beans
- Granola bars and canteloupe
- Salmon cakes and green peppers
- Tofu fingers and mushrooms
- Egg omelette with sauteed onions
- Tuna melt
- Green peas and edamame beans
- Banana baked oatmeal
- Homemade gelatin snacks
- Muffins and blueberries
- Baby cereal cookies
- Cauliflower and shredded cheese
- Lentil garlic cheese toast
Remember, if you’re on the go and the food you brought is perishable, pack the snack in an insulated lunch bag with an ice pack.
Kids Love to Slurp!
- Yogurt (to cut down on added sugars mix sweetened yogurt with plain)
- Prune puree
- Cottage cheese and honeydew melon
- Rice and raisin pudding
Moms Love Lazy Options!
- Leftover pancakes or waffles with raspberries
- Leftover grilled cheese sandwich
- Any other leftover dinner
Share This Article