- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, quartered (or 1 can of diced tomatoes)
- 2 lbs (900 g) sweet potatoes, diced
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- fresh cilantro for serving (optional)
- Add the oil and onions to the pot of the Instant Pot. Press SAUTE. Saute the onion until slightly browned.
- Add in garlic and spices. Cook and stir one minute.
- Add tomatoes, sweet potatoes, water, salt, and peanut butter. Press to make sure everything is covered with liquid.
- Place lid on and ensure the vent is set to SEALING.
- Select MANUAL and adjust to 4 minutes.
- When finished, allow to release naturally.
- Open and blend with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender.
- Serve with cilantro (optional).
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 10
- Fat: 19
- Carbohydrates: 34
- Fiber: 6.5
- Protein: 11