A spicy yellow smoothie made with foods known for their anti-inflammatory properties
- 1 apple, cored
- 1 pear, cored
- 1 banana, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup canned or pre-cooked lentils *see notes
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½-1 tbsp turmeric *see notes
- ½-1 tbsp cinnamon *see notes
- A pinch of black pepper
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Start on low then turn up to high.
- Blend until smooth.
- If you don’t have any kicking around or you’re weirded out by putting them in your smoothie, the lentils can be omitted!
- Start with the half measure of spices then taste. If you think you can handle more spice, add the rest in! My toddler liked the full spice smoothie but my husband didn’t….
- Serving Size: 2