Healthy nachos made with a base of crispy apple chips, layered with walnuts, raisins, cheddar, strawberry salsa, and dipped in a spiced yogurt dip!
For the nachos:
- 64g Martin’s Apple Chips
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp high fibre cereal
- 2 tbsp raisins
For the yogurt dip:
- 1/4 cup plain thick yogurt (Greek or Skyr)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of cloves
For the strawberry salsa:
- 3/4 cup finely diced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- Place an oven rack in the top slot in your oven. Turn oven on to broil.
- Place the apple chips in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Top with shredded cheese, walnuts, high fibre cereal, and raisins.
- Bake for 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is melty and bubbly. Watch carefully as the chips can burn easily.
- For the yogurt dip, stir all ingredients together.
- For the salsa, stir all ingredients together.
- To eat, dip the nachos in the yogurt dip and spoon some salsa on top!
If you don’t want to fuss with the yogurt dip or salsa, the nachos also taste great “naked!”
- Serving Size: 1/3 recipe
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 19.5
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 30.4
- Fiber: 3.5
- Protein: 10
Keywords: apple nachos