A savoury muffin filled with your favourite breakfast ingredients.
- 3-4 slices bacon
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red or white onion
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp onion powder
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour or GF flour blend
- 1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup (3 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the bacon into small pieces and crumble fry in a frying pan until crispy.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and red pepper, and grate the cheese. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the eggs. And milk, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Stir in potato flakes, flour and baking powder.
- Drain the excess bacon fat. Add bacon to the batter along with the chopped pepper, onion, and cheese.
- Grease and flour a 12 muffin cup tin. If you have a silicone muffin tin, use this as the eggs tend to stick to metal pans. Spoon in the batter to fill the 12 cups.
- Bake for 22 minutes.
- Serving Size: 6