Baked not fried, these fries are crispy and soul-satisfying!
- 1 lb potatoes (any variety but Russets work best due to their low moisture content)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- vinegar for serving
- Slice the potatoes into thin fries. Place in a large bowl. Cover with cold water.
- Allow to soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain the fries in a colander. Line the bowl with a clean tea towel.
- Dump the fries into the bowl and pat to dry. Try to get as much moisture off the potatoes as possible. Use a second tea towel if necessary.
- Remove the tea towel from the bowl and add in the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Then stir and bake another 10 minutes or until the fries are a nice golden brown.
- Sprinkle with vinegar just before eating!
- Open the oven door a few times while the fries are cooking. This allows the steam to escape and creates a crispier fry.
- Serving Size: 4