These sourdough crackers are light and buttery, yet crispy! They’re “nutty-tasting” from the seeds and have a rich flavour from the sourdough.
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup ground flax
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup active (fed) sourdough starter
- Combine all ingredients into a dough. You may need to use your hands to finish gathering it all together.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap or in a ziplock bag. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll dough out to 1/16 inch thick. If you have a pasta maker, this machine works really well to roll the dough out to a uniform thickness!
- Cover two baking sheets with parchment. Place the rolled out dough onto the parchment. Slice into 1 inch squares. A pizza roller works well!
- Poke each square with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Rotate each pan and swap the bottom pan for the top pan.
- Bake another 10-15 minutes, or until the tops start to turn golden.
- Serving Size: 20g
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 90
- Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 11.5
- Fiber: 1.5
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Sourdough Crackers