A chewy centered, crispy edged chocolate chip cookie!
- 1 ½ cups (210 g) all purpose gluten free flour mix (I used Cloud 9 All Purpose Baking Mix)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your flour blend already has it)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (14 g) cornstarch
- 22 g whey protein isolate
- 13g vanilla instant pudding dry mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (120 g) white sugar
- 10 tablespoons (140 g) packed brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons (140 g) softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- Optional: course salt (such as pickling salt)
- Place the dry ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl if you are using a hand mixer).
- Stir to combine, making sure there are no lumps of brown sugar.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix until combined. This will take a couple of minutes. The dough will look crumbly but don’t fear! It will come together.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Place a long, long sheet of plastic wrap on the counter. Or use 2-3 baking pan size sheets.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto the plastic wrap. Wrap tightly (see how the dough comes together now?)
- Refrigerate for 24 hours for best results. If you really want to try the cookies sooner, refrigerate at minimum 1 hour.
- When it comes time to bake, preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll the dough into 24 balls. Place these on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Do not flatten the balls! If desired, press a few grains of course salt on the tops.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops start to turn brown but the centre is still soft.