- 1 cups quick or regular cooking oats
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Wet Ingredients 1:
- 1 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cans (drained and rinsed) chickpeas OR 3 cups cooked
- 1/4 cup milk
Wet Ingredients 2:
- 4 bananas (medium sized)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl stir together the dry ingredients. Make a well in the centre and set aside.
- Add the Wet Ingredients 1 to a blender. Start on low then turn up to high and blend until smooth. Pour into the dry ingredients bowl. Don’t mix.
- Add the Wet Ingredients 2 to the blender. Start on low then turn up to high and blend until smooth. Pour into the dry ingredients bowl.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the wet and dry ingredients together. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Either line muffin tins with muffin liners or grease your muffin tins. This will take 3 muffin tins. You can also bake them in batches if you don’t have that many muffin tins!
- Place 1/3 cup of muffin batter into each muffin tin segment. I like to use this scoop to make the job easier and faster.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Rotate pans and bake for another 7-8 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes in the tins and then transfer to cooling racks. When completed cooled you can transfer them to zip lock bags and freeze.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 7.5
- Fat: 7.5
- Carbohydrates: 21.5
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 7
Keywords: high protein muffins, big batch muffins