A silky smooth cheddar sauce blankets macaroni studded with broccoli. A match made in heaven!
- 12 oz (340g)dry macaroni noodles
- 1 lb (454g) broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 200g (7 oz) cheddar cheese
- Fill a large pot halfway with water. Place it on the stove over high heat. Boil for pasta.
- In a high powered blender place the milk, butter, cornstarch and salt. Run a “soup” cycle. (If you don’t have a high powered blender, whisk these together in a small pot over medium heat. Cook until thickened. Stir constantly.)
- Add in the diced cheddar cheese and eggs. Run a “smoothie” cycle. (For the pot method, grate the cheese and add in along with the eggs. Whisk until smooth)
- Once the water has boiled add in the pasta. Once the pasta is almost cooked, toss in the broccoli. Drain and return to pot. Pour sauce on top and mix thoroughly.
- Serving Size: 4