A heart healthy granola based on some of the Prairie’s finest ingredients!
- ½ cup red or brown dried lentils
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups oats
- 2/3 cup drained and rinsed canned lentils
- 2/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds (hearts)
- 1/3 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- In a large pot combine the dry lentils and water. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer until the lentils are cooked and most of the water has evaporated.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add in the canola oil and honey. Once the honey has melted, stir in the vanilla and salt. Remove from heat.
- Add the oats, canned lentils, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds. Stir well to combine.
- Spread onto a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes then stir.
- Bake another 10 minutes then stir.
- Bake another 5 minutes then stir.
- The granola is done once most of it has started to turn brown.
- Allow to cool then combine with blueberries and transfer to a sealed container.
- Serving Size: 16