Cake for breakfast? Almost. This recipe tastes exactly like carrot cake! Minus the flour and all.
Why It’s A Smart Choice
- How often do you eat veggies for breakfast? If you’re like most people, they don’t usually make an appearance. This is a great way to add one in!
- This recipe makes two servings. Each serving has about 15 g of protein!
- Walnuts are a true superfood. Eating a handful of nuts each day can help prevent heart disease. Walnuts, in particular, contain alpha linolenic acid, a type of omega 3 fatty acid, which is essential for healthy skin and eyes.
If you give this recipe a go, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, or snap a photo and tag it with #smartnutritionrecipes on Instagram! I’d love to see your creations! Knowing someone has enjoyed one of my recipes always makes my day brighter.Print
Tastes just like a slice of carrot cake! Except it’s much healthier, of course.
- 1 medium sized carrot
- 1 banana, frozen
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp instant skim or whole milk powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp honey
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Turn on low then slowly turn up to high speed.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serving Size: 2
Share This Article