A waffle so tasty you don’t need any syrup!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (or sub in canola oil)
- 2 eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ cup almond butter *see note
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups oats (use certified gluten free if making gluten free version)
- ⅔ cup flour (all purpose gluten free or whole wheat)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips (I prefer mini-sized)
- Pre-heat waffle iron.
- Melt the coconut oil and pour into a blender.
- Add in the eggs and blend on low to combine.
- Add in the bananas, ground flax seed, milk, almond butter, and vanilla. Blend until smooth then blend 20 seconds longer.
- In a large bowl stir together the oats, flour, and baking powder.
- Make a well in the centre of the bowl and pour in the batter from the blender.
- Stir to combine. Allow to rest 30 seconds.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into waffle iron.
- You may substitute peanut butter in place of the almond butter.
- Serving Size: 6