A health-boosted snacking cake!
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp inulin (optional… great ingredient to add a little extra fibre)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups chopped cherries
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a standmixer combine the eggs, sugar, oil, cocoa, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Add in the flours, flax seed, inulin (optional), salt, and baking soda. Stir together on low then increase to medium until well combined. Don’t overstir.
- Add in the zucchini, yogurt, cherries, and chocolate chips. Stir until well combined. Don’t overstir.
- Grease a 9×12 pan. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and cut into 30 squares.
1/2 serving of veggies/fruit in each piece!
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 15.5
- Fat: 10.5
- Carbohydrates: 29.5
- Fiber: 2.5
- Protein: 5
Keywords: zucchini cake, healthy zucchini bread, zucchini recipes, healthy baking