why this dark chocolate hazelnut butter is a smart choice
This is not your everyday nut butter. It’s your “Sunday nut butter.” My mom only let us eat sweet cereals on Sundays, so would call them “Sunday cereals.” Similarly, this recipe is good as a treat.
This is my only nut butter recipe that contains a sugar source. However, compared to commercial chocolate hazelnut spread, it’s still a nutritional saint! The first two ingredients in commercial chocolate hazelnut spread is sugar and palm oil. Hazelnuts and cocoa only come in third and fourth.
In this recipe, hazelnuts take the first place prize!
If you give this recipe a go, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, or snap a photo and tag it with #smartnutritionrecipes on Instagram! I’d love to see your creations! Knowing someone has enjoyed one of my recipes always makes my day brighter.Print
- 2 T cocoa
- ½ cup quality dark chocolate, melted
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- Place ingredients in high powered blender or food processor.
- Process according to your machine’s directions on processing nuts.
- The mixture will start off chunky but will turn into a smooth paste.
- Be careful not to overheat your machine!
- Calories: 106
- Sugar: 2.5
- Fat: 9.5
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 1.5
- Protein: 2
Keywords: homemade nutella
Share This Article