Date paste is a natural sweetener with fibre and essential minerals including iron, calcium, magnesium, and potassium. It has a smooth, caramel-esque flavour and texture!
- 2 cups dates, pitted
- ¾ cup water
- Microwave at 1 minute intervals.
- Mash with a fork in between.
- Once the dates are soft and it’s starting to look like caramel, mash, mash, mash!
- The goal is to end up with a thick paste (see photos). If your paste seems too watery, microwave longer to allow some water to evaporate.
- Alternatively, for an even smoother paste, blend in high speed blender or food processor. It’s not absolutely necessary but it does make for a smoother paste!