A much healthier alternative to those giant double chocolate muffins found in the grocery store bakery!
- ¼ cup ground flax
- ⅔ cup water
- 6 bananas
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup canola oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp instant coffee (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease three muffin tins. Put aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ground flax and water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash 6 bananas. Place them in a large bowl with the yogurt, canola oil, brown sugar, coffee (if using), vanilla, and flax/water mix (when it’s ready).
- Stir well.
- Add in the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Stir JUST to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop into muffin tins (about ½ cup each).
- Bake for 22 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then loosen the edges with a plastic knife and transfer muffins to a cooling rack.
The recipe can also be cut in half to make 12 larger muffins.