Keep these breakfast burritos in the freezer for a quick, filling, and nutritious breakfast!
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup salsa *see note
- 8 slices cheese
- 8 whole grain wraps
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan.
- Peel and dice the onion. Remove the core from the red pepper and dice.
- Saute the onion and red pepper until soft.
- Remove to a bowl.
- Place the eggs, salt, and milk in a blender. Turn on low then slowly up to high.
- Blend for 30 seconds. Pour eggs in pan and scrambled fry until cooked.
- Place 1/4 cup egg mixture, 3 tbsp red pepper mixture, 2 tbsp black beans, 2 tbsp salsa, and 1 slice of cheese in each of the 8 wraps.
- Fold burrito style.
- Wrap each burrito in aluminum foil (if you plan on reheating in oven) or plastic wrap (if you plan on reheating in microwave).
- Place in a plastic zip bag and freeze.
To make the burritos less “juicy” and drippy, strain some of the liquid from the salsa by placing it in a fine mesh colander. Then use the thickened salsa to fill the burritos.