If you enjoy ham and pineapple pizza, you’re going to love this dish! It’s a delightful combination of sweet, sour, and smoky.
- 6 lbs farmer sausage
- 12 bell peppers
- 18 stalks celery
- 12 carrots
- 6 cans diced pineapple
- 6 cans (798 ml or 27 oz) diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- cooked rice
- Using a permanent marker label 6 large freezer plastic zip bags with the recipe title.
- Slice the farmer sausages into coins and place 1 lb in each bag.
- Core and cut 12 bell peppers into large chunks. Place 2 chunked peppers in each bag.
- Slice 18 stalks of celery and place 3 sliced stalks in each bag.
- Shred 12 carrots and place 2 shredded carrots in each bag.
- Open and dump 1 can of pineapple chunks into each bag.
- Open and dump 1 can of diced tomatoes into each bag.
- Measure the following into each bag:
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Seal the bags well. Lay flat to freeze.
- Place bag in fridge to thaw for 24 hours before cooking.
Slow Cooker: Dump contents of bag into slow cooker. Cook for 5-6 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high.
Instant Pot: Cook for 7 minutes on high.
Stovetop: Heat on medium heat, stirring occasionally until boiled. Remove from heat.
- Serve over cooked rice.