Prep 4 meals then slip into the slow cooker or instantpot for a no-fuss meal!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 onions
- 8 cloves garlic
- 4 carrots
- 2 lbs sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 limes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 4 lbs boneless chicken thighs
- rice (at time of serving)
- peanuts (at time of serving)
- 2 lbs bean sprouts (optional at time of serving)
- fresh cilantro (optional at time of serving)
- Prepare 4 large freezer plastic zip bags by writing the recipe name on the bag with a permanent marker.
- Heat the oil over medium in a large frying pan.
- Dice the onions and add to the pan. Cook until soft and fragrant.
- Mince the garlic and add to the pan. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grate the carrots one at a time and add 1 grated carrot to each bag.
- Add 1/2 lb sliced mushrooms to each bag.
- Add the following to each bag: 1/4 of the sauteed onion/garlic mix, ½ cup peanut butter, ¼ cup soy sauce, juice of 1 lime, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1/8 tsp cayenne, and 1 lb boneless chicken thighs.
- Seal the bags up tightly, removing as much air as possible.
- Stack and place in freezer.
- When it comes time to serve, remove one bag and place it in the fridge one day before eating. If you forget, you can also defrost it in the microwave enough so that you can remove it from the bag.
- For the slow cooker method: cook for 6-8 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high.
- For the instant pot method: choose 8 minutes on the manual setting (it will take about 30 minutes total time).
- You can either keep the chicken thighs whole or shred into smaller pieces using a fork.
- Add in the bean sprouts and stir.
- Serve over cooked rice. Top with peanuts and cilantro.