For guacamole makers, the guacamole recipe is a huge source of pride. Those of us who have been to a guac-off (no really, it’s a thing), know that every guacamole maker at such an event is convinced their recipe is the guacamole recipe to end all guacamole recipes. Did I say guacamole enough for you? Guacamole. It’s totally one of those words that gets weirder the more you say it. Guacamole. Anyhow, for those who have never made guacamole before I’ll save you the trouble of experimenting with various ingredients and ratios. Seriously. Don’t go crazy and start adding weird things like pickles and olives. This is the only guacamole recipe you’ll ever need. See?! Now I’m the delusional guacamole maker.
Of course, you could always PURCHASE your guacamole pre-made from the store. Amazon even has these ready-to-go mix packages that you just add to avocado. But if you have any sense of pride as a guacamole serving host, you only serve your own recipe. (Just kidding. Maybe.) Since I like to make meals out of my favourite dips, I created the guacamole bowl. The result is a delicious and healthy, gluten-free dish that is easy for your guests to customize to their individual tastes or dietary needs.
Why it’s the Smart Choice
- This is the perfect meal to serve when you are hosting a variety of people with varying diets.
- Since it is served buffet-style, each person can make it according to their dietary needs; it’s hypoallergenic, since it is wheat-free, soy-free, and dairy-free (cheese can be omitted).
- Black beans can also be added as a vegetarian option to the chicken.
If you give this recipe a go, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, or snap a photo and tag it with #smartnutritionrecipes on Instagram! I’d love to see your creations! Knowing someone has enjoyed one of my recipes always makes my day brighter.Print
A whole meal in a bowl… featuring guacamole!
For the guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1-2 limes (choose 2 if they are on the small size)
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- A dash of cayenne pepper
For the guacamole bowls
- Cooked brown rice
- Cooked thinly sliced, pulled, or shredded chicken
- Thawed frozen corn kernels
- Finely diced red onion
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, or mozza)
- Mash all the guacamole ingredients in a bowl with a fork.
- Set the guacamole and the rest of the ingredients out in a buffet style.
- Allow each person to create their guacamole bowl to their liking by layering ingredients in a bowl.
Share This Article