A whole meal in a bowl… featuring guacamole!
For the guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1-2 limes (choose 2 if they are on the small size)
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- A dash of cayenne pepper
For the guacamole bowls
- Cooked brown rice
- Cooked thinly sliced, pulled, or shredded chicken
- Thawed frozen corn kernels
- Finely diced red onion
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, or mozza)
- Mash all the guacamole ingredients in a bowl with a fork.
- Set the guacamole and the rest of the ingredients out in a buffet style.
- Allow each person to create their guacamole bowl to their liking by layering ingredients in a bowl.