A tasty Thai inspired mango quinoa salad filled with juicy mangoes; crisp red peppers, and creamy cashews; good for your health and soul!
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 mangoes
- 1 large (or 2 small) red peppers
- softened to room temperature
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup mango or orange juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 thai chili, chopped finely
- Place the uncooked quinoa and 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil then simmer until cooked.
- Meanwhile, chop the mangoes, red pepper, cilantro, red onion and cashews into bite size pieces. Place in large bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in small bowl then pour into larger bowl. Stir to coat pieces.
- Once the quinoa has cooked, allow to cool for a few minutes then add to the large bowl.
- Place in fridge until salad has cooled.
Keywords: mango quinoa salad