A slightly sweet, chewy DIY protein bar! So quick to make and much cheaper than storebought.
- 16 dates
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups oats
- ½ cup isolated whey, lightly packed
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup cocoa (unsweetened)
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- In a glass measuring cup place the dates and the water.
- Microwave on high for one minute. Mash with a fork.
- Microwave on high for another minute. Mash with a fork until a paste forms. Return to microwave if they need more softening.
- Stir in the peanut butter and milk.
- In a large bowl, place the oats, whey, chia seeds, cocoa, and chocolate chips.
- Pour in the peanut butter mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Line a 9×9 pan with plastic wrap.
- Press the mixture firmly into the pan.
- Refrigerate for ½ an hour.
- Cut into 16 bars.
- Wrap each bar in plastic wrap and store in the fridge.
- Calories: 216
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 11.5
- Carbohydrates: 22.5
- Fiber: 4.5
- Protein: 9.5
Keywords: protein bars