- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Chicken Better Than Bouillon (or vegetarian)
- ½ chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped (or more if you like spice!)
- 2 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (or 1 can drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- ¼ cup evaporated milk (or fresh)
- ½ cup cream cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the canola oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and red pepper. Saute until just starting to soften.
- Add the garlic, bouillon paste, chipotle pepper, oregano, and cumin. Saute one minute.
- Add the black beans, corn, and rice and cook while stirring until the rice is heated through.
- Add the salsa, evaporated milk, and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted and everything is nicely combined.
- This is one of my favourite recipes to use up leftover rice!
- The chipotle pepper can be omitted if you don’t have any on hand; the recipe still turns out wonderfully!