- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup brown rice (SEE NOTE)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon paste (I like the Better Than Bouillon brand)
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- Chop the onion, mushrooms, and celery.
- Put the butter into the Instant Pot and select SAUTE.
- Add the veggies and saute until soft and most of the liquid is gone.
- Press CANCEL.
- Add the brown rice, water, chicken, and bouillon.
- Stir everything together.
- Secure the lid and make sure the pressure knob is on SEALING.
- Select MANUAL and adjust to 22 minutes.
- When the time is done, use a natural release of 10 minutes.
- Open and stir in the cream cheese, peas, and dill.
- It may look brown, lifeless, and unappetizing but it tastes delicious!
You MUST use brown rice for this recipe. If you use white rice it will be way overcooked.
- Calories: 493
- Sugar: 9
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 58
- Fiber: 7.5
- Protein: 30