Mmmm, all the flavours of a piping hot samosa filled with warming spices, potatoes and peas, dunked in a sweet peach chutney….. but in the form of a gluten free vegan samosa stew!
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (or other light tasting oil or butter)
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz or 796 ml) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (5.5 oz or 155 ml) can of tomato paste
- 1 cup of peach puree (see note)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of bouillon paste (chicken or vegetarian) *
- 2 lbs of potatoes, diced
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- 1.5 cups of cooked chickpeas (or canned)
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes
- Add the oil to the pot of the Instant Pot. Press saute.
- Add the onions and saute until they soften.
- Add the garam masala, turmeric, cumin, salt, chili flakes, and garlic. Saute one minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, peach puree, carrots, water, bouillon paste, potatoes, and tomatoes.
- Place the lid on and turn the venting valve to SEAL.
- Select manual and choose 5 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot beeps, choose the release method of your choice. My preference is to wait 10 minutes and then release the seal so that nothing splashes out of the valve.
- Serve as is or with sourdough naan bread!
- *I really like the Better Than Bouillon brand of bouillon paste.
- Three options for peach puree 1) Place fresh, pitted peaches in a blender. 2) Defrost frozen peaches and blend. 3) Find peach puree in the baby food section.