Mmmm, all the flavours of a piping hot samosa filled with warming spices, potatoes and peas, dunked in a sweet peach chutney….. but in the form of a gluten free vegan samosa stew!
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (or other light tasting oil or butter)
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz or 796 ml) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (5.5 oz or 155 ml) can of tomato paste
- 1 cup of peach puree (see note)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of bouillon paste (chicken or vegetarian) *
- 2 lbs of potatoes, diced
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- 1.5 cups of cooked chickpeas (or canned)
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes
- In a large pot heat the oil over medium low.
- Saute the onions until they start to soften.
- Add the garam masala, turmeric, cumin, salt, chili flakes, and garlic. Saute one minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, pech puree, carrots, water, Better Than Bouillon, potatoes, peas, chickpeas, and tomatoes.
- Cook until the potatoes are soft (about 45 minutes).
- Serve on its own or with Sourdough Naan Bread!
- *I really like the Better Than Bouillon brand of bouillon paste.
- Three options for peach puree 1) Place fresh, pitted peaches in a blender. 2) Defrost frozen peaches and blend. 3) Find peach puree in the baby food section.