A healthy, tasty, and EASY granola recipe!
- ¼ cup canola or coconut oil
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (optional, see note)
- 1 (540 ml or 19 oz) can of lentils, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium pot, melt the oil, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Once the mixture has just started to simmer, add in the baking soda, if using.
- Pour over the lentils and oats in a large bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Spread onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out a stir. Bake another 10 minutes.
- Stir again. Keep baking and stirring at 10 minute intervals until the granola is a nice, golden brown. It will crisp up more as it cools.
- Allow to cool, then break up and store in a sealed container.
- The baking soda makes the sauce fizz up temporarily, making it easier to combine with the oats/lentils. This is it’s only purpose in the recipe so it’s optional.
- Serving Size: 16