A sweet and salty peanut stir fry, loaded with veggies and protein.
For the chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 garlic, minced
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup water
For the stirfry
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup of sugar snap peas
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 8 oz of whole wheat spaghetti (alternatively, this dish could be served over rice)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, and 1 minced garlic.
- In shallow baking dish, place the chicken and marinade. Turn to coat. Place in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a small saucepan, heat the canola oil over medium low.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the lime juice, soy sauce, bro sugar, cayenne and peanut butter. Once the peanut butter has melted, add the water and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Once the chicken has marinated, place in the oven and cook until an instant thermometer registers 180 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from oven and sliced thinly.
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat. Once the water has boiled, add the spaghetti. Cook until al dente and drain.
- In a wok or very large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of canola oil. Add the veggies and cook until tender crisp.
- In individual bowls, layer pasta, veggies, chicken, and sauce. Top with chopped peanuts, if desired!
- Serving Size: 4