- ½ cup butter or coconut oil
- 20 dates
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large bananas
- ¼ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 scoops (3/4 cup) Naked Nutrition Whey Protein
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oat flour *see note
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup plain Greek or Skyr yogurt *see note
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large glass mixing bowl, place the butter or coconut oil, dates, and milk.
- Microwave for 2 minute intervals, mashing with a fork in between, until the dates turn into a paste.
- Mash in the bananas.
- Stir in the brown sugar, cocoa powder, Naked Whey whey protein isolate, eggs, and oat flour.
- Lightly grease a mini muffin tin.
- Fill the tin with batter by scooping with a large spoon and scraping it out with another.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from tin.
- Whip together the frosting (if using) and spread on top once completely cool. If you’re planning on piping the frosting on with a decorating bag, plan to double the frosting amount.
- Store in the fridge. Will keep for up to one week.
*If you don’t have pre-milled oat flour you can pulse rolled oats in your blender until you achieve a flour-like consistency.
*A thick yogurt is necessary to get the right consistency for this frosting
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 77
- Sugar: 4.5 (1g added sugar)
- Sodium: 33 mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 3.5g
Keywords: protein brownies