- sliced bread
- garlic powder
- thinly sliced tomatoes
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil, torn
- Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit.
- Arrange slices of bread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Fill the bread slices with a single layer of tomato slices.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and fresh basil.
- Place in oven on top rack.
- Bake for 5 or so minutes. Watch as the cheese will go from nicely toasted to burnt fairly quickly!
- Remove from oven and add more fresh basil.