An incredibly moist banana bread whose sweetness is balanced by the tart addition of rhubarb.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 ½ cups chopped rhubarb
- 3 medium sized over ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a loaf pan and line with a wide strip of parchment paper.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the chopped rhubarb.
- Make a well in the centre and set the bowl aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a blender. Start on low then turn up high. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended ingredients into the bowl and mix until just combined (don’t over stir!).
- Place pan on a baking sheet (to catch any drips!).
- Bake for about 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then lift out of pan using the parchment paper like a sling. Allow to cool on a cooling rack before slicing.
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 11
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 3