Crispy, salty, sweet, and smoky… just like real bacon bits! And about one million times better than those “simulated bacon bits.”
- 1 (19 oz) can of lentils (or 2 cups canned lentils), drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and stir.
- Bake another 10 minutes and stir.
- Keep baking and stirring at 5 minute intervals until the lentils are nice and crispy.