Ginger beef made easy by cooking everything on a sheetpan! Flavourful, delicious, & healthier, with a ton of veggies!
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 bell peppers (any colour), julienned
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 small or half a large onion
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- one thumb sized chunk of ginger, julienned
Beef and Batter:
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp mayo
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 lb flank steak
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ -1 tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder?
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare to baking sheets. Spread 1 tbsp canola oil and 1 tbsp sesame oil on EACH pan.
- Chop the veggies and arrange on a single layer on one of the baking sheets. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake the veggies for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the batter ingredients in a bowl.
- Slice the meat as thinly as you can, going against the grain. Add to the batter bowl and stir to coat. You could also whisk the batter in a resealable container, place the lid on tightly, and shake to coat.
- Arrange the battered meat on the second baking sheet.
- Bake the meat and the veggies for 10 minutes (the veggies will be baked for a total of 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat. Remove from heat once the sauce has thickened.
- Once the meat and veggies are cooked, scrape them onto one of the baking sheet. Drizzle with the sauce and toss to coat evenly.
- Eat immediately, or keep in the oven (turned off but still warm from having just been used). The dish does taste better if it’s allowed to sit for a short while.
- Serve over rice! My preference is a short grain brown rice.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 547
- Sugar: 16.6
- Sodium: 807
- Fat: 28.5
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 41.5
- Fiber: 4.5
- Protein: 31
Keywords: ginger beef