Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, these sourdough waffles are a healthier version of the traditional Belgian waffle.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup fed sourdough starter (watch a video here for the difference between fed and unfed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Place the butter and milk in a large microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Take out and stir until butter is melted. You may need to put it back in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Then stir in the sourdough starter, salt, brown sugar, and flour.
- Cover and allow to rest at room temperature for 8-14 hours (this is where the overnight part comes in)
- In the morning add the eggs and baking soda.
- Heat your waffle iron and cook according to your machines instructions!
Keywords: sourdough waffles