- 2 teaspoons rapid or regular yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chickpea flour (see note)
- 2-3 cups of all purpose flour
- In a large bowl (use a stand mixer if you have one), dissolve the yeast and sugar in the water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the sourdough starter, salt, egg, milk, and chickpea flour. Stir to combine.
- Using the dough hook, slowly add the flour until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Knead for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the bowl and grease the bottom. Return the dough to the bowl and turn over so that the dough is coated in oil.
- Cover with a teatowel and place in a warm location and allow to rise until doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- Punch the dough down. Squeeze off golf ball sized pieces of dough and place on a large plate or cutting board. Cover again with the tea towel and allow to rise ½ an hour.
- Heat a griddle or crepe pan over medium low heat. Melt a small amount of butter.
- Roll out the dough very thinly.
- Transfer to the hot griddle. Cook until bubbles form throughout the whole piece of dough.
- Flip and cook until brown spots appear.
- All-purpose wheat flour can be substituted for the chickpea flour.