Sourdough pancakes are the tastiest and fluffiest pancakes you’ll ever eat! Plus read my tips on how to make perfect pancakes every single time!
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ to 2 cups milk (use full amount for thinner pancakes, less for thicker pancakes)
- 1 cup fed sourdough starter
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- optional add-ins: mini chocolate chips or blueberries
- Heat a griddle over very low medium heat. Pancakes cook best over low heat.
- Place all ingredients (except optional ones) in a blender in the order listed.
- Start on low then turn up to high. Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Spray griddle with oil.
- Pour pancake batter onto the griddle then sprinkle blueberries or mini chocolate chips on top.
- Flip the pancakes when the first side is golden brown. You’ll tell it’s ready for flipping when it loosens itself from the pan.
- Cook the other side until golden brown as well. The second side never seems to get quite as golden though!
Check out the tips in this post for secret tricks on how to make the best pancakes!