Your favourite dip… now featured in a healthy dinner dish!
- 1 ¼ cups dry quinoa
- 1 cup feta cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 4 ½ tsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach, ribbonned
- 1 cup marinated artichokes, diced
- 1 ½ cups navy beans (or 1 can, drained and rinsed) OR 1 1/2 cups cooked and diced chicken breasts
- ¼ cup white wine (optional, but highly recommended)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook the quinoa according to the package direction. I combined 1 ¼ cups dry quinoa with 2 ½ cups water in a pot. Brought it to a boil, covered it, and then let it simmer until cook. (same method as rice).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, place the feta, milk, egg, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and onion powder in a blender or food processor. Blend or process until sauce is smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare the veggies and place in a mixing bowl with the chickpeas or navy beans.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, add it to the bowl, along with the sauce. Stir in the wine.
- Press into a 9×12 baking dish. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then turn oven to broil and broil the cheese until it bubbles and starts to turn brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 6