A hearty, fibre-rich chili full of sweet and smoky flavours.
- ¾- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chipotle peppers, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 ½ cups kidney beans, cooked (or 1 can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 ½ cups black beans, cooked (or 1 can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (156 ml or 5 oz) tomato paste
- 1 can (798 ml or 28 oz) diced tomatoes
- ⅔ cup dried lentils
- 2 cups water
- In a large pot, crumble fry the ground beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink.
- Add in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and garlic. Cook for one minute.
- Add in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and heat until boiling.
- Turn down to low heat. Chili is ready when the lentils are soft.
- Serving Size: 8