- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 tbsp vegetarian bouillon paste *see note
- 7 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 large carrot, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup whole brown lentils
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, cut in half
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can coconut milk
- Heat the oil over medium low in a soup pot.
- Chop the onion and add to the pot. Cook until soft and starting to turn brown.
- Add in the ginger, garlic, and curry paste. Saute 1 minute more.
- Add the bouillon paste, water, salt, brown sugar, carrot, and lentils.
- Cook until lentils are soft.
- Add in the water chestnuts, peas, corn, and coconut milk.
- Heat thoroughly then turn off stove.
*I enjoy using the Better Than Bouillon brand.