Wow. All I can say is wow.
I have been absolutely blown away by all your kind words and support. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Just let me wipe the tears out of my eyes and I’ll move on to the recipe of the day, which is my new favourite thing.
I love Thai Mango Salad.
I love Mango Quinoa Salad.
Put them together = mind blown.
It’s just perfect on a hot summer day like today. Feel free to add chicken or shrimp to kick it up a notch and add some extra protein and minerals.
Why It’s the Smart Choice
Quinoa and cashews are both vegetarian sources of iron (called non-heme iron). The body isn’t able to absorb this type of iron as well as the iron found in animal products (called heme iron). Vitamin C transforms the non-heme iron into a form that the body can absorb better. Mangoes and red peppers are both excellent sources of Vitamin C. So the ingredients in this recipe work hand in hand to maximize its nutritional value!
If you give this recipe a go, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, or snap a photo and tag it with #smartnutritionrecipes on Instagram! I’d love to see your creations! Knowing someone has enjoyed one of my recipes always makes my day brighter.Print
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 mangoes
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 cup red onion
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup mango or orange juice
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 thai chili, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Place the uncooked quinoa and 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil then simmer until cooked.
- Meanwhile, chop the mangoes, red pepper, cilantro, and cashews into bite size pieces. Place in large bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in small bowl the pour into bowl. Stir to coat pieces.
- Once the quinoa has cooked, allow to cool for a few minutes then add to the large bowl.
- Place in fridge until salad has cooled.
Share This Article