Babies don’t need teething rusks but it sure is nice to give them something that they can easily pick up and eat. That’s where this recipe for baby biscuits comes in.
why it’s the smart choicePrint
A high iron cookie for your baby.
- 1 banana or ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup dry iron-fortified infant cereal
- ¼ cup flour (all purpose, whole wheat or gluten free)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine the fruit, butter, and egg yolks with a fork until well-mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir, using a spoon.
- Roll into 24 small balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten the balls with the palm of your hand.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, store in a sealed container in the fridge. These will be good for several days.