Even with access to the most reliable nutrition information, it can be hard to piece that together without understanding the big picture. Take advantage of my expertise through nutrition counseling and other nutrition services, available over Skype or in person. Services are covered by most employment benefits packages.
I’m committed to helping people get the most out of their food:
- the most nourishment
- the most health
- the most satisfaction
- and the most enjoyment!
What you can expect:
- At the start of each session, I’ll ask you about your intended outcome of meeting with a Dietitian
- A “get-to-know” you interview at the first session where I will ask you questions relevant to the reason for your visit such as a review of your personal and family medical history, current lab values, any symptoms you might be experiencing, or any other relevant questions regarding your situation
- A collaborative discussion for setting a plan to meet your nutritional goals
- At the end of the session, we will review what you had hoped to accomplish to make sure that your expectations have been met
I offer nutrition counselling for:
Tailored diet planning
- Are you considering adopting a new type of diet?
- Has your teenager decided to become a vegetarian and you’re not sure she’s getting all her nourishment?
Have your fears erased and proceed with confidence! I will explain how to have a healthy, balanced diet that subscribes to your values, tastes, and health needs.
Tailored diet planning includes:
- One hour of consultation
- Follow up as needed
Nutrigenomix genetic testing
Your genes play a part in determining how your body uses the food you eat! Get genetic testing done to determine if what you are (or aren’t) eating is putting you at increased risk of disease.
Nutrigenomix plan includes:
- test tube to collect saliva sample to be sent in for DNA testing (prepaid envelope included)
- detailed results report on 45 genes (available within 2-4 weeks)
- appointment to discuss your genetic profile (optional)
Picky (fussy) eating coaching
- Are you worried that your picky eater is not eating enough?
- Are you frustrated because mealtimes are the most stressful part of your day?
It doesn’t have to be that way. I will coach you and your family so that mealtimes end up creating treasured family memories instead of wreaking havoc on your relationships.
Picky (fussy) eating coaching includes:
- Initial assessment and planning session
- Two week follow up session
- Evaluation of child’s food consumption record
Boost Your Iron!
- Have you been diagnosed with iron deficiency?
- Are you pregnant or breastfeeding and have been told to eat high iron foods?
Iron deficiency can make you feel tired and sluggish. Together we can create a plan to get your energy back!
Boost Your Iron! session includes:
- Review of current food intake to develop a customized plan to optimize iron absorption
- Recipe overhaul on your favourite meals
- Fresh new ideas to add more iron into your diet
To make a booking request, or to get more information, email me at jessica|at|smartnutrition.ca