A creamy spicy light noodle bowl with chicken and veggies. Cauliflower lends a hand to make the sauce creamy… without adding a bunch of calories!
I planned and made this recipe a month or two ago when the cost of cauliflower was still a reasonable price for Winter. Just when I was about to post it, there was a huge hullabaloo about the cost of cauliflower prompting comics about taking out a mortgage to buy one.
I heard that the price in some stores even reached $12 a head! I would have been a laughing stock to post a cauliflower recipe when the prices were that ridiculous! I think things have gotten better and I’m safe to post this recipe now. And I’m so thrilled to share this with you! This is one of my favourite recipes I’ve developed recently.
Why It’s A Smart Choice
Cauliflower lends a creaminess to this sauce without any actual cream. Swapping in cauliflower for cream cuts down on calories, saturated fat, and adds 2 servings of veggies to every noodle bowl! One of the most common challenges I hear from people as a Dietitian is eating enough veggies in a day. This recipe can help you reach your daily goal!
If you give this recipe a go, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, or snap a photo and tag it with #smartnutritionrecipes on Instagram! I’d love to see your creations! Knowing someone has enjoyed one of my recipes always makes my day brighter.Print
A creamy spicy light noodle bowl with chicken and veggies.
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 5-6 cups chopped cauliflower (or 750g or 1 ½ lbs)
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups water and 1 tbsp bouillon paste
- 8 oz (1 brick) cream cheese
- ⅓ cup Franks Red Hot sauce
For the noodle bowls
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled (or from a rotisserie)
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sautee one minute.
- Add in the cauliflower and chicken broth. Cook until cauliflower is soft.
- Add the cream cheese and red hot sauce.
- Blend with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile, grill the chicken breast on a baking sheet in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees. Cut into slices.
- Heat a pot with water to boiling. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- To serve, layer the pasta, sauce, chicken, carrots, and celery into individual bowls.
462 calories | 15.5g fat | 52.5g carbs | 7g fibre | 4g sugar | 32.5g protein
Share This Article